Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday: The Power of Thought guest post Pastor T. W.

In Your Mind



If you believe in the saying: "You are what you eat!" Then you may want to consider that "we are what we think about." Those things which you think about enter into your heart, and causes your heart or mind to be either filled with good things, or evil things. Paul along with Timotheus, penned this letter to the Philippians. Paul seemed to believe that the things which enter our minds, have a lot to do with how successful our walk with God will be; how happy or unhappy we are.

Paul wrote unto the Philippians, these words: Philippians 4: 8

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, How many times do we contemplate what lie we will tell if confronted with a question, especially one which could get us into some trouble, like loosing our job, or an issue with the law.

Follow Kevin_Cardinale on Twitter

whatsoever things are honest, Like truth, we find it difficult to be honest every time. Even little simple things like someone saying: "How do you like my hair, or my dress?" The thought goes through our minds, "that's the ugliest dress I've ever seen in my life!" but our mouths say, "it's lovely dear! Honey, the color is you!" What is Paul recommending we say, or do? Just think on honest things, and he honest. It's refreshing.

whatsoever things are just, Let our hearts be fair and just in our dealings. Let us treat others as we would like to be treated.

whatsoever things are pure, "Let this mind be in you, that was also in Christ Jesus...." Think clean and holy thoughts. Get rid of that suspicious mentality.

whatsoever things are lovely, Think lovely and kind thoughts. Try to see things from the eyes of the Lord...through His Holy Word. Ask yourself, How would the Lord handle this? Or am I being kind or mean?

whatsoever things are of good report, Let us report only the things we hear that are good. Even if you know the evil report, you are not obligated to report it to others.

if there be any virtue, Virtue is clean or virtuous, as in "never defiled by man". Our thoughts are to be this way.

and if there be any praise, think on these things." We are to worship the Lord Jesus. Give God thanks for all things. Think about the fact that He died to set us free. I am excited about that!

I have to admit that I am still struggling with "thinking holy thoughts at all times." My time in prayer, and time studying the Word of God, and even attending church services on a regular basis, helps me in this area. God bless you.

by Pastor T.W.

Please visit my legal website: Nevada DUI Attorney
See me on YouTube: Shakaama Live

3 comments:

Clarence***RealityIsGoodEnoughForMe***Alexander said...

Right on! Thoughts are the starting points of what manifests in our lives.

Shakaama said...

Preach on brother Clarence.

People don't understand how deep the bible is when it said in Proverbs chapter 23 verse 7, “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.”

If your brain is focused on something, that is what is going to come to fruition. I always had in my heart "if i set my mind to it, it will happen." I have no idea where i got such a notion, but I believed that from when i was but 9 years old.

When I was disgusted with my roommates, I told them that I would move out in 30 days. I had no money and no prospects. 30 days later, I was in a new apartment.

If I am tired but I have a meeting in an hour, I'll simply say, "I'll wake up in an hour." 55 minutes later, I'm up and out the door.

I want to build this blog. I have said I want to build it, but I have not said yet "I will build this blog." As soon as I get serious with this, it will take off. I believe it. It is all in my mind.

juliemarg said...

very cute! creative!

Post a Comment