Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday: Freedom to Decide guest post T.W.

Making Right Choices: Proverbs 14:12



It would be an understatement to say that "every day we are faced with making life-changing decisions, i.e. choices that could effect us personally, effect not only our present, but our future as well. Proverbs 14:12 reads:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."


We would have to admit that this is a pretty profound statement. We could make a decision to do this or that. We may think it is the right decision, but that decision somehow leads us to a deadly end.

Follow Kevin_Cardinale on Twitter

This message is not meant to discourage your heart, but to encourage each of us, that while the blood is still running warm in our veins, we are reminded to take a few more minutes to think about decisions we are about to make. Re-think it! Even pray to the Lord over it, and you will find that you will make more sound decisions.

For example, how about the decision to try illegal drugs, or street drugs. Do most people actually sit down and contemplate what their lives might be like, if they choose a life of drugs. There are a lot of hidden pit falls that come with that life style. Pit falls like crime, bad health, poverty, and finally an early death.

I had never really thought about the devastation that could follow such a life style of illegal drugs until one morning when the Lord woke me out of sound sleep, and told me to get up, get dress, and eventually to get into my car and drive. I was in the car just a few minutes when I saw a house in a blazing inferno. It was about 5:30 a.m. when I reached the home. Observing the fire, I was sure the family had already been warned, but not so! As I approached the house, the Lord spoke to me again, and said the word: "Crack". I understood that the house had been set a fire by someone who had been smoking the drug Crack. I went to the door, knocked on the front door as loud as I could, while yelling" Your house is on fire!" A man opened the door, in a daze. I went right past him screaming, your house is on fire! The man's wife was still in bed sleeping. Both of them under the grips of smoke inhalation, until the Lord came to their rescue.

That morning I saw the real devastation of drugs in full bloom:
a) It almost took these people's lives,
b) it clouded the mind of the person who where using the drug, and set the house a fire, and never cared about the lives of the people in the house (They had to have known the people were there! But they ran away.)
c) The fire burned not only the house, but the power lines, telephone lines, and cable lines,
d) it put the lives of the fire men at risk,
e) it cost the City Government money, and
f) it disturbed the neighbors and put their lives at risk as well.

This was all caused by this attitude, "All I want to do is party, have fun, and feel good!" This is just one of the things people do that leads them into a life that while it seems harmless to themselves and others, "....the ends thereof are the ways of death."

Conclusion


God is NOT against people enjoying their lives. In fact, His Holy Spirit is the source of our joy, and peace, and He never leaves us with a hang over.

Love ya! Pastor T.W.

Please visit my legal website: Las Vegas Nevada DUI Attorney
See me on YouTube: Shakaama Live

No comments:

Post a Comment