Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Desafinado - "Out of Tune" George Michael & Astrud Gilberto (video + lyrics)

Desafinado - "Out of Tune"



Here's one of the smoothest bossa nova pieces ever written.  Desafinado composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim with lyrics (in Portuguese) by Newton Mendonça. The English language lyrics were written by Jon Hendricks and Jessie Cavanaugh. Another English lyric, more closely based on the original Portuguese lyric (but not a translation) was written by Gene Lees, and appears on some recordings as well. The version by Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd (from the album Jazz Samba) was a major hit in 1962, reaching 15 and 4 on Billboard's pop and easy-listening charts, respectively; their definitive rendering also reached No. 11 in the UK, whilst Ella Fitzgerald's version made No. 38.









Desafinado Lyrics (Portuguese)



Se vocк disser que eu desafino amor
Saiba que isto em mim provoca imensa dor
Sу previlegiados tкm ouvido igual ao seu
Eu possuo apenas o que Deus me deu

Astrud Gilberto
Se vocк insiste em classificar
Como o meu comportamento de anti-musical
No lhes vou mentir, atй vou comentar
Que isso й bossa-nova
Que isso й muito natural
Que vocк no sabe nem sequer pressente
й que os desafinados tambйm tкm um cora?

Fotografei vocк na minha role-flix
Revelou-se a sua enorme ingratid?

Sу no poderб falar assim do meu amor
Que й o maior que vocк pode encontrar
Vocк passou a musica e esqueceu o principal
Que no peito dos desafinados
No fundo do peito bate calado
No peito dos desafinados tambйm bate um cora?


Desafinado (English Translation)



If you say that I am off key, my love
You must know that this will cause me great pain
Only the privileged have heard your equal
I possess only what God has given me

If you insist on classifying
My performance as unmusical
Lying to myself, I argue
That this is bossa nova
This is very natural

What you do not know or even sense
Is that my tune also has a heart
The photograph of you in my Rolleiflex
Reveals your enormous ingratitude

Do not speak thus of my love
That’s all you have been able to see

You have forgotten that music, above all,
Is what is carried within the tune
Deep within its breast there beats
Within the breast of my tune
There beats a heart


Please visit my legal website: Nevada DUI Attorneys
See me on YouTube: Seattle Cop Punches Black Teenage Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment