Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Black People in Public: Exploring Us in Detail

Is There a Problem with Blacks in Public



This is a series I have wanted to do for a long time. From time to time I have worked in a public situation, coming face to face with customers. I have heard every gruesome tale from both coworkers, other customers and management. The general consensus is that Blacks in public is a negative situation. In this series I will go situation by situation to explore whether there is a right side or wrong side of the equation. I will give my opinion all the way through.



Right, so let me detail what the situations are and in the following series I will research, debate and explore each circumstance. These will be:

  • Eating out
  • Retail shopping
  • Working in a restaurant as a Black person
  • Working as a retail salesperson
  • Owning a Black owned customer oriented business
  • Working in a customer service position
Eating out - I will explore the tremendous negative opinion everyone has about serving Black customers.

Retail shopping - I will explore the tremendous negative opinion everyone has about both being Black and going shopping and workers hating to approach Black customers.

Working in a restaurant as a Black person - I will explore the sheer and utter stupidity of the public in dealing with a Black waiter, host or bartender.

Working as a retail salesperson - I will explore the complete shameful behavior of the public dealing with a Black salesperson.

Owning a Black owned customer oriented business - I will explore how a Black business owner deals with the dastardly behavior of the public dealing with a Black owned business, whether they know or don't know that the owner is black or that the person they are talking to is the actual owner and not some mere salesperson.

Working in a customer service position - I will explore the awful experience Black workers face versus racist bosses, racists customers and a system geared to making sure Black workers are constantly fired and trying to build up a reputation in a customer service industry.

I would appreciate lots of input and comments from you, my readers. My research is quite thorough on each subject, so understand that I am speaking with actual numbers behind each of my topics, and not my opinion [in fact none of my blog is my pure opinion].

Please visit my legal website: Las Vegas DUI Attorney
See me on YouTube: Shakaama Live

3 comments:

critical processes said...

Hello Shakaama. I look forward to reading your blog posts on the issue of racism. One of my favorite bloggers "Abagond" recently had his wordpress site shut down for doing just that. I thought he wrote very intelligently about topics such as white racism, black beauty, sociology, segregation and discrimination patterns in the US and the like. Apparently, Wordpress classified his site as a violation of their terms of service. I find it a little scary that the text grab Google displays for his site when you search "abagond" is the following: "Get over it abagond, stop whining about racism and move to Africa, yep, make a contribution to the motherland."

But please, do tell. You have at least one reader who's anticipating your contribution to this new worldwide antiracism dialogue we're all having over the internet.

Unknown said...

you have almost ziltch participation on your Blog and too little participation on your youtube channel. That may be because you are Black. The Evil Marketing group that control my world, The Internet world voice anti black rhetoric conservative causes . This group apparently offers to websites comment section enhancement services, where their boiler room posters will come into a message board to create the impression of wide popularity of the message board. but a requirement is that blatant and suttle conservative rhetoric must be allowed. Usually an anti Obama comment in parenthesis below the actual comment, See LawnSite .com for examples of this which is a hotbed of this marketing group. Yahoo message boards are totally infilltrated with this group, Banjo Hangout. and most others. Have you rejected these offers of website enhancement? I would love to know the names of the companys that offer this service, which I suspect are fronts and there should be many different providers all the same group but with different names, Or because you are black they don't approach you, I'm guessing

Unknown said...

you have almost ziltch participation on your Blog and too little participation on your youtube channel. That may be because you are Black. The Evil Marketing group that control my world, The Internet world voice anti black rhetoric conservative causes . This group apparently offers to websites comment section enhancement services, where their boiler room posters will come into a message board to create the impression of wide popularity of the message board. but a requirement is that blatant and suttle conservative rhetoric must be allowed. Usually an anti Obama comment in parenthesis below the actual comment, See LawnSite .com for examples of this which is a hotbed of this marketing group. Yahoo message boards are totally infilltrated with this group, Banjo Hangout. and most others. Have you rejected these offers of website enhancement? I would love to know the names of the companys that offer this service, which I suspect are fronts and there should be many different providers all the same group but with different names, Or because you are black they don't approach you, I'm guessing

Post a Comment