Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Do I Amuse You

Do Not Get Offended

I notice a lot of people get offended and write scathing comments on some of my articles, while I do get glorious praise for other things. I'll take credit for the praise :) But, the things people get upset over aren't words from my mouth.

While I might think a topic or discussion is worthy of posting to my blog, it has nothing to do with my own personal feelings. Let me repeat: if you see an article on here about the KKK it does not mean I love nor hate the KKK. I hope that is crystal clear. Well, for those that are not understanding let me give you examples.

I wrote an article on a national study on "why Black men will not marry nor date Black women". Nearly everyone that wrote comments on that article did not understand that it was a national study and that I was simply reporting it, although I introduced it as a study.

I wrote an article on "gay marriage". This time I received a warning from a company to cease and desist or I would be in legal trouble. You guessed it, the article was about the legal ramifications that the state would be in versus the church and private businesses if they tried to enforce gay marriage on private companies and churches.

I wrote an article on loose women being called whores. To which some woman replied that "just because you sleep around doesn't make you a whore". Ok I have nothing to respond to that one.

In each of these cases the person "reading" the article did not "read" the article. I

No comments:

Post a Comment