Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday: Strangers Among Us guest post Pastor T.W.

You Can't See the Forest for the Trees and the Angels at Your Door





When you meet a person who appears to be an undesirable, do you shun them, turn your nose up a bit, and walk away. Laugh at them a bit, because they seem different. Then be careful! After you read the following Scripture, you might want to rethink your attitude toward Strangers.

"Hebrews 13:2 reads: "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."




There are a lot more encounters with angels than one might imagine. Let us look way back at one encounter that Abraham had, which I understand to have been with Angels, and for sure, with representatives of God. Genesis 18: 1 - reads as follows:

1. "And the Lord appeared unto him (Abraham) in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2. And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him; and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
3. And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in the sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:"


Would you say that Abraham worshiped these creatures. He called them, or the one he was addressing "My Lord". In the King James Version of the Bible, they capitalized the "My Lord", implying that it was the Lord God Almighty. These men were obviously, spiritual beings. No doubt Angels, and perhaps, the Lord Himself, in His pre-incarnate state.

Follow Kevin_Cardinale on Twitter

In the New Testament, let me cite two incidents in St. Luke chapter 1.

St. Luke 1:11: "And there appeared unto him (Zacharias the Priest) an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
12. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him."
13. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elizabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John."


We see a fairly lengthy exchange between Zacharias and the angel. I would say that angels do not appear to people concerning trivial matters. We will notice that when angels are disbursed from heaven, they are on a very important mission.

Here is a second encounter with an angel, in the same chapter, St. Luke chapter 1.

St. Luke 1: 26 "And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary.
28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that are highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS."


We see the angel Gabriel several times in the Scriptures. One would begin to think, How old is He? But it is understood, that they were created very early in time.

So we started off by talking about, being careful how we entertain strangers, because some have entertained angels unawares. Either of these people: Abraham, Zacharias, or Mary could have made a fatal mistake, by disrespecting God, by disrespecting the angel(s). In fact, Zacharias got into a little trouble with the Lord, because of unbelief, but he survived the incident.

Who controls Holy Angels?

Answer: God Almighty. So angels are not running around doing things, just because, but they are of course, being sent to do whatever, by God Himself. That is why, I believe, you will see the Saints addressing angels as Lord, because it is as though you are speaking to God.

What about in our day and time; are there still angels on the scene? Do they sometimes appear unto us, and actual speak with us? Many Saints have shared their stories with me, about their encounters with angels. I have had my own encounters as well.

MY GUARDIAN ANGEL: It wasn't the first time I had met an angel, and neither the last time. This happened shortly after I had made my true, commitment of my life, to the Lord. I was about 23 years old. I am now over 60 years old (in 2010). At that time, myself, and another Saint had had a conversation about angels. She was claiming that angels existed. And I wondered to myself: "Are angels real? Do they really exist?" I was soon to get my answer.

I am estimating that it was about 2:00 a.m. when I awoke. I got out of bed, near the side where I was sleeping (this is important). At that time, I heard the voice of the Lord say very softly: "Devine revelation!" To tell you the truth, I did not know what that meant. I got out of bed only for a few minutes, but soon went back to bed. The words the Lord had spoken to me "Devine Revelation" did not linger in my mind as I lay down again. Just as my head hit the pillow, I was in a Vision, but of course I didn't know that. I thought I was awake. I saw myself get out of bed on the opposite side of the bed, from where I was lying. I saw my body, still lying on the bed. But soon I was "one" with myself again, as walked around my bed, and headed toward the door to exit the bedroom. As I walked, I saw this creature, sitting down on the floor, with his back up against my door, so that no one could go in or out of the room, without disturbing him. But he was asleep.

He appeared to be a male, versus a female. He seemed to be fashioned out of "light", about the color of a white cloud. He seemed to be about 6'3" or so, if I had to guess. He had no distinct features. In order words, where his eyes, and ears where, there was an image of eyes and ears, but no eye balls with a pupil or iris, no ears or ear lobe, no hair, but the image of a head. He had two hands, and two feet, as a man. His feet were also an image, there were not ten distinct toes, but the image of the toes. But his hands were distinct. There were clearly five (5) fingers on each hand, and he was wearing white gloves on each hand. Why distinct hands, and why gloves? I soon got my answer.

As I came around the bed, I saw him. I noticed that he was asleep. Not a deep sleep, but he was sitting up, with his back against the door sleeping, like I would do if I went to sleep in church. I don't normally snore. When I saw him this is what I thought (I didn't speak it.): "Hum-m-m, I do have a Guardian angel. Some angel, he's asleep!" When I completed that thought, he opened his eyes, and shook his head, as though he heard me. He then tugged at the white gloves he was wearing, as if to tighten them up. He then reached me his right, gloved hand, which I took with my right hand. He used my weight to pull himself up off the floor, like one would do for a friend. But when he caught my hand, my right hand felt like it had caught ahold to live electric wire, but it didn't hurt. I thought about it many times afterward, and wondered what would have happened to me, if he had not been wearing the gloves.


Without speaking an audible word, he opened the door to my bedroom, and in a gentlemanly manner, he motioned for me to go out of the door first, and he followed. After we had entered the hallway, he told me (without speaking) to call my son. I went to my sons bedroom, and called his name. My voice sounded so cold, compared to his. My son woke up immediately, and came to me (not like him at all.) The angel then walked with the two of us in the bathroom, where there was light burning. As the angel stood there between us, he put his arms around my son, and me. When I remembered that I was in the presence of an angel, I looked up at him to try and see his face, but as I looked up at him, I realized that his head, and then his whole body had become part of the heavens, and he was gone.


The burning sensation in my right hand lasted about three days, and then disappeared.

Angels, who may appear as strangers to us, are out there. They are among us to do God's bidding. So let us be careful how we entertain strangers, for some have entertained angels, unawares. May God bless you.

Guest poster Pastor T.W.

Please visit my legal website: Las Vegas Nevada DUI Attorney
See me on YouTube: Shakaama Live

No comments:

Post a Comment