Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday: Opening Your Heart to Hear God Speak Part 1 [guest post Pastor T. W.]

Does God Actually Talk?



As a Minister, in the Christian Church, I get these questions all the time. Does God really talk to people? How do you know that it is God who is talking, and not someone else? How do you know it's not just your own mind you hear? The message below will briefly deal with the question of "Does God Really Talk to People?". Our goal is to give people enough information, and yet not drown them with too much information. I will give you scriptures, and if possibly some reference material which may help you.


Does God really talk to people? With a resounding "Yes", I can answer that the Lord God, still talks to people today. Why do I believe this? There are three major reasons:
  • God does not change
  • He talked to the prophets of old
  • He speaks to me often

The first reason I believe, and know that the Lord really talks to people today, is because God does not change. The Word of God confirms the fact that God does not change numerous times. The first is found in the Old Testament:

Follow Kevin_Cardinale on Twitter

Malachi, 3:6a "For I am the Lord, I change not...." In other words, God's character does not change. He is always Good! He is always Holy, clean and pure. He is always truthful and just. He always treats His children the same....Right. So knowing this about God, helps us to understand that He will, through every generation, be the same towards us.

There is also another scripture in the New Testament, which supports this teaching: See Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." That's pretty clear, isn't it. God is just the same, as I stated above. His characteristics, His ways, and His Words are the same. Don't you just hate "wishy, washy, people." People who you cannot trust, because they refuse to tell the truth. One day, they are happy and smiling, and friendly, and the next day, for no apparent reason, they seem angry, and distant. God is not like that. Though sometimes it seems that He is silent, His Word still lets us know that He is still loving and kind, and He is ever present.

Believing that God does not change, is vital to the belief system of followers of Jesus Christ. Just as the Bible teaches us in Hebrews 11:6

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"
Before we can believe that He actually speaks to His people, we must first believe that God is that ever constant equation in life itself, or we wouldn't be able to believe the rest of His message.

I will deal with the other two reasons, why I believe and know that God really does speak to people in my next message:
2) The second reason that I believe that the Lord really talks to people is because He spoke to the prophets of old. and finally, because, 3) He speaks to me, often. Pastor T.W.

Please visit my legal website: Nevada DUI Attorney
See me on YouTube: Shakaama Live

No comments:

Post a Comment