How Libertarians Should View the Gay Marriage Debate
I will show you why a libertarian government would be the best government for all parties concerned, both gay and straight. Everyone thinks a third party has no chance in hell in running the country: i.e. both houses and the presidency, but let me show you how your current system avoids the tough issues and keeps everyone at each other's throats with no hope of a real solution, nor discussion.
Libertarians on Gay Marriage
To put the debate simply, as it stands now, the straight people [ YES Democrats and Republicans] are nearly all against gay marriage. The gay people are for gay marriage [ I haven't done a survey, but I believe that is the current stance of the gay community, correct me if I'm wrong ] Both sides then go to the government and seek redress on the issue. In fact not a few political campaigns have derailed over the issue. It is one of the most important issues to the gay community so when they seek to endorse someone, they use the gay marriage litmus test. Also prominent figures pander to the gay community using gay marriage as their battle cry to increase their own wealth, popularity etc.
But, let me present you with the Libertarian view on the entire subject.
- as a Libertarian all men are responsible for their own actions
- as a Libertarian all men are responsible for their own financial freedom
- as a Libertarian all men are responsible for their own personal belief systems
- as a Libertarian it is not the place of government to impinge upon the personal belief systems of any individual, unless it poses a direct threat to life, limb and property
- as a Libertarian it is not the place of government to use force to make individuals to acquiesce to majority value systems
|Libertarian = Liberty|
As a Black man, I think the Libertarian form of government would be much more conducive to Black people getting ahead financially and socially.
I think for this particular debate, the gay community should seriously take a look at the Libertarian party. The Democrats and Republicans are not on their side on this particular debate. Oh, I know some politicians pay lip service to the gay community, but the Democrats and Republicans as a whole are not for Gay marriage. The only reason they did not go along with George Bush on the whole Constitutional Amendment, is because they saw it as political suicide. That is the only reason.
Please visit my legal website: DUI
See me on YouTube: Shakaama Live
Need a Notary in Las Vegas Nevada Notary Public Nevada