Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Josh Hamilton Drunk Photos and Why We Care

Josh Hamilton Drunk Photos

Josh Hamilton Relapses
So the scene is a bar, Josh Hamilton, booze and other party revelers.... Oh and someone snapping pictures, like they are shooting Britney spear shaving her head. In January, at least for one night, Hamilton veered off to the raunchy side of the tracks. At a bar in Arizona, he got drunk. His wife not around that night, Hamilton had the kind of "Girls Gone Wild" moment available to ballplayers on a nightly basis if they're so inclined.

Hamilton, the No. 1 draft pick of the Tampa Bay Rays in 1999, was out of baseball for three years dealing with his addictions, most notably to cocaine. As part of his reinstatement to baseball, he is tested for mood-altering drugs three times per week.


Josh Hamilton Drunk in Photos with Other Women

The Christian's [I'm Christian but for some reason I don't have a mob mentality], point the finger and say "ooooh ooooh thou hath sinned before God." *facepalm* Yeah I'm thinking, did I just die and wake up in the Inquisition? [ NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION ] padumpum pshhhhh

To me, this is a non-story. And, the only people making the hoopla are in fact the Christians. I see the pictures and say to myself [well not out loud] "I see a white guy with a lot of tattoos, and he needs a tan. Jesus it's the middle of summer."

Josh Hamilton Says


“I’m embarrassed about it for my wife Katie, for my kids and for the organization,” Hamilton said. “I’m not perfect. It’s an ongoing struggle, and it’s real. It’s amazing how these things can creep back in. But I am human and I have struggles.”


“If I think I can have one drink, I think I can have two, and then it snowballs to 10 or 12,” Hamilton said. “As soon as it happened, I called my support staff — Katie, the organization and MLB — and told them what happened. I was open and honest about it. People with an addiction can make a mistake.”


"As soon as it happened, I called my support system -- my wife, the Rangers, MLB and told them what had happened. I was absolutely open and honest about it."


"I went to get something to eat. Obviously, I eat at restaurants that have bars in them all the time. I wasn't mentally fit to go in there, spiritually fit, and it just crossed my mind, 'Can I have a drink?' Obviously, I can't."


Yes yes, it's all true. I mean, what if he were cured of gender. You can't just go cold turkey without any slip-ups. [that was a joke, don't send me hate mail.]

The reason i say this is a non-story because, in my opinion nothing happened. There was no drunk driving. No one was killed. Sure he acted stupidly. But, really the only person who should be concerned with this is his wife. Although, my advice is a good slap across the face and a finger wagging in his face, and that's it. Ok, maybe you could put him in a headlock for 5 seconds. Watch some WWE videos of China.

Fans Harass Josh Hamilton


Reports come in about fans harassing Josh Hamilton over this. Come on. Really? Get a life. For any so called fan to be harassing this poor kid, you need to check your own house. "But he's a role model" I could choke anyone ever saying that crap. Athletes are not role models. They may be the best example of "athletic achievement". Athletic achievement does not equal role model.

Your kids should look up to your pathetic life, not the life of some guy that woke up at 4am every morning for 25 years to go do some sport for hours and hours, dedicating him/herself to one thing. An athlete, from our perspective, is one-dimensional. By its very nature they are only seen for one thing. You can't then translate that into them being good fathers, good citizens, good businessmen.

If you're looking for sainthood in your athletes, I recommend you try your local church or charity. I'm sure they could recommend an entire list of people you should be trying to mold your kids after. Athletes? Nah.

For the record, let me say my position on alcoholism. I'm sure this will not win my popularity votes. But then again, neither did that gay guy who's just a blogger, yet became a judge for the Miss U.S.A. contest when he went off on her for saying that marriage is a sacred holy word and the church defines it as being between a man and a woman, and the government can't redefine it to suit people's needs or wishes. [exit soap box] I don't think alcoholism is a "disease" you have to cure. I think that telling someone they have a disease enables them. It's great we have a word that explains homeless drunk people [the traditional view of alcoholics], it's not ok in my book to then say they are "powerless" within their own right to stop drinking. If that were the case, everyone who drank alcohol would immediately become an alcoholic.

[and this fluff blog post is becoming way too long, and way too political. THE END]

[some photos courtesy of meatspin, no I mean deadspin, just kidding guys, don't hate me]

Please check out my legal website: Las Vegas DUI Attorney
See me on YouTube at: Shakaama Live

No comments:

Post a Comment