Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Billy Mays The Infomercial King Passed at 50

Infomercial king Billy Mays passed today, Sunday 28, 2009.

According to fox news, Mays was found unresponsive by his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, according to the Tampa Police Department.


"Whatever product I'm selling, it's like putting on Superman's cape," he says. "I become Billy Mays, the ultimate pitchman. And that's who I am. And I'm proud to be that."

Billy tops the charts as America's most popular "Average Joe" TV pitchman.

"It has to work," he said. "I have to put it through my test. I'm like a miner, I sift through it to find that gold nugget. It has to be special."

"Special" means mass appeal. Billy reportedly earns a commission on gross sales, plus an upfront fee to be the front man.

The best in the business are known to earn $20,000 or more per commercial.

"I get pitched products week by week. I mean, 10 to 15 sometimes in a week. Sometimes 20 different products. I turn most of them down," he said.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry to May's residence and foul play is not suspected. Authorities said an autopsy should be complete by Monday afternoon.

Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.

US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.

Authorities have not said whether Mays' passing was related to the incident.



"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Mays wife, Deborah, said in a statement on Sunday.
Rest in peace Billy Mays.


Kevin Cardinale of Boundless Enterprise
Please Visit My Website: Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Watch Me on Youtube: Shakaama Live

No comments:

Post a Comment