Pages

Monday, September 26, 2022

That Time Cornelius the Ancient was Visited by God

I've lived over 2,000 years. This is nothing compared to my kinsmen Cornelius. Time to him is inconsequential, because he stands outside of time. In my 2,000 years, almost all with him, he has told me secrets of the universe. One of this was about the christian god. This is what he told me.

"The new humans believe that god started out first and created the world and the universe. The idea is ridiculous, because I (Cornelius) was here before any human; before even the planet. Humans have no concept of time, so they only measure things in time. They put god before them as a sort of respect, but god cannot exist without their own belief. The truth is, humans came first, created god out of their need to have something greater than themselves, once they got a bit of intelligence and poof he came into existence. But unfortunately, this new god, is just that, the news of all the thousands of gods they've created. He's the weakest of all the gods ever, because the belief of humans is the weakest it's ever been."


One day in the lair a being came into the lair and with his presence, thunder struck and everyone in the lair died, except myself and Cornelius of course, since he's a true immortal. 

I rushed into his bed chamber, to see what had happened. And there stood this being bathed in white light. He was an African with bare feet and a long robe. His eyes burned like molten lava, and he had an aura, not too unlike Cornelius'. 

Cornelius sat in his bed with his pillow at his back. He drank tea, a thing he was trying to see why people liked it.

"Father all the staff are dead," I said not taking my eyes off the being.

Cornelius moved his finger, on the tea cup, and it was as if the entire lair came to life. You could feel life return to the place. 3 of my sons came into the bedchamber, aware that they had died. It probably wouldn't be the last time it would happen to them.

"You are an abomination in my sight," said the being.

Cornelius casually took a sip from his cup and said, "I could said the same about you, you little upstart." He looked at me and he lifted up his cup and said, "take a sip."

I went to his bed and took a sip. I thought he wanted me to see if it had enough sugar or something. I immediately knew the taste. He waved my sons over to also sip. They hesitated so I motioned them over.

As he gave each one a sip he continued, "Barthalameus, my child, this is the creature the humans call god."

By this time the blood from the teacup had taken over and I was reeling. It was burning my stomach and quickly spreading out through my bod. My sons lay writhing on the floor by then.

God caught on that he had been somehow tricked. BOOM, his voice almost cracked the foundation of the floor. You could tell immediately that another way of death had gone through the lair. My 3 sons still lay on the floor writhing, in both pain and euphoria. The last of their humanity was leaving them, but they remained untouched by the voice of god, as did I.

Cornelius lifted a finger on his teacup again and said, "I would wish you would stop killing off my offspring. You do know I could kill you. I could make you cease to exist and I could, with a snap of my finger wipe out all of your believers, and wipe the memories of all the humans to even remember you ever existed. Do not tempt me. Isn't that what you told them?"

"I am the lord, they god." He bellowed.

Another wave of death. Another finger lift by Cornelius.

Cornelius sat the teacup and saucer down on the floor next to him. He took the fingernail of his right hand and drew a line on his left wrist. I expected to see blood drip down from it but instead a being started forming. It was crimson and power and red emanated from it. The horror of what it was spread over me. The revulsion I felt, knocked me to my knee.

It was the blood god.

God took a step back. Was that fear he felt? Was it revulsion? No one knows, because the blood god walked out of the room. Shrieks of fear started ringing out throughout the lair. You could tell it was walking, because the screams started and stopped and god fainter as it went.

I looked at Cornelius. The blood god was it's own being separate from Cornelius and it didn't like going back in. Once it took a century to convince it back in. This was only after it drank dry scores of vampires, including ancient ones, thousands of years old. 

The lair grew silent. Only the panting of my 3 sons could be heard in the bedchamber. The rest of the lair was silent, but I could tell everyone was still alive.

"You are an abomination. You unleash this upon the world," god said.

"Why did trespass in my lair?" Cornelius was growing impatient with the young god.

"You murdered an angel and several fallen angels. How did you do this?" god said.

When god created the angels and even the fallen angels, he gave a part of himself to create them. He thought they were immortal, like him. He thought he was a force of nature, which you can no more kill then you can a thought. 

With Cornelius destroying the angels, a part of god also died. That which he gave to create them, did not return to him.

"Look in the hallway of time. I stand at the doorway," Cornelius said.

God looked down at the floor and then back up at Cornelius in horror. BOOM his voice went again and I could feel the full force of the deathway this time. The door split open at that instant and the blood god was upon god instantaneously, but before he could sink his teeth into his neck, god was gone.

The blood god had solid form and stood there as a naked Black man. He held up a finger, upon which a single drop of blood was.

"I GOT ITS BLOOD," the blood god spoke. The voice was as loud as god's, but it grated on your soul. It knocked me to my knees. Clearly it was much more powerful than the last time it was out. Now I was doing the writhing on the flood, because the voice lingered in the brain.

It came over to me and knelt down. It placed the drop of blood in my mouth. That didn't help. Taking pity on me, it bent over and kissed me, dropping a drop of its own blood in my mouth, in the kiss. The searing pain I felt, directly coming from the blood god, made me go numb with pain, but the lingering voice calmed down within me, slowly, bit by bit. It bent over again and kissed me, another drop of blood. I was on the verge of fainting now. My own blood draw away from my skin. My beautiful dark hue turned an ashen grey as if I were dead, myself.

I didn't knw what was happening, but Cornelius knocked the blood god off of me and he flew, crashing into the wall at the far end. The blood god lay laughing at the other end.

"I do not want this one to become me. He has many children I want him to have. Leave him be," Cornelius roared at the blood god.

Cornelius grabbed my foot. I didn't notice, but I was floating in the air. He put me in his bed and made me sleep. There I would stay for an entire month.

As I drifted off, I was worried. Who would take care of Cornelius? And a tiny voice inside of me said, he's a god. You do not take care of him.











No comments:

Post a Comment